Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Kanban grouping using link fields

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Neil_Watson
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there any way to use link fields for kanban stacks. It appears that only single select fields can be used, but I would like to use a grouping field that is a lookup to another table. As a simple example, I have a location field, which is a lookup field to another table, defining locations. I would like to use that as the grouping field in a kanban view. It looks as though the only option I have currently is to duplicate the field with a single select field, and then find a way to keep both in sync?

Many thanks for any help

Neil

118 Comments
Michelle_Malone
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

PLEASE develop the ability to stack a Kanban view on linked fields as these are crucial to structuring a database. [Without these relationship grouping options the Kanban functionality is severely impeded!].

Michael_Wilson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding my +1. This would be super helpful!

Florent_Crivell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1. Would love this feature.

Eliz_Kilic
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Adding my +1. This is a no brainer.

Rick_Overson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

One more vote for this as well!

Mike_Sweat
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Do they even read these suggestions? Itโ€™s been 4 years!

Jennifer_Mullin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 For this feature. This is a huge roadblock! Also troubling that this hasnโ€™t been addressed, given the obvious interest and need. Not sure how I can justify my workplace paying for this tool if I constantly have to find work arounds AND Airtable is not responsive to customer needs.

Stephen_Orr
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 This feature would be great to have and seems like it could be accomplished by limiting to single-select linked records.

Aaron_Moritz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature! basic stuff!

Dominik
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 here too. Missing such basic features while people are asking for it for 4 years doesnโ€™t shed a good light on the product team. There are a lot of other basic product suggestions that would make the usability of the product MUCH better/easier but donโ€™t seem to be of any value to Airtable.

I have been a great fan but Iโ€™m actively working on migrating my projects away from Airtable because of the very bad community <> support <> product communication that is happening and the decision to go for โ€œbusiness valueโ€ features before making the basic stuff work nicely.