Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Kanban grouping using link fields

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Neil_Watson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Is there any way to use link fields for kanban stacks. It appears that only single select fields can be used, but I would like to use a grouping field that is a lookup to another table. As a simple example, I have a location field, which is a lookup field to another table, defining locations. I would like to use that as the grouping field in a kanban view. It looks as though the only option I have currently is to duplicate the field with a single select field, and then find a way to keep both in sync?

Many thanks for any help

Neil

118 Comments
SIMON_CLARK

Yes agreed + 1 for this feature. And agreed about Airtable not reading or not paying attention to the little things. Or reading these boards.

Paolo_Perrone

+1 for this feature! basic stuff!

Sam_Brown

I come across this need all the time - add my vote to the list please :slightly_smiling_face:

Allen_Douglass

+1 Need to be able to use kanban by linked fields

Maggi_Heneghan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Nov 2016โ€ฆItโ€™s now July 2021! +1 for this feature. Would love to see a response on this thread for when it will be in the pipeline or why itโ€™s been consistently deprioritized.

Mary_Ann_Coyle
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Another vote in favor of an essential feature change

Dean_Arnold
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

+1 for this feature!

E-Claim

Another vote for this feature. Much needed.

SJP
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

My theory- linked record groups in Kanban would allow people used them as a replacement for Collaborators, and then Airtable would lose money

Elizabeth_Aucti
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Being able to utilize the linked fields here is feeling like a really big limitation to expand my data. Not sure if votes countโ€ฆ but for what its worth +1 from meโ€ฆ