Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Kanban View based on Lookup field - single Select or Collaborator

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Vernon_Fowler
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Continuing the discussion from Calendar View based on Lookup field dates:

Now that Lookup fields work for Calendar Views, please extend this functionality to Kanban View.

My use case…

I have a base that covers our video content management and review process. Three key tables and fields are:

1. Table of Videos: Title, Description, etc.
  2. Table of Reviews, including fields for when the last review was, a formula for when the next review is due, and who will do the review.
  3. Table of Account users, including fields for people’s name, their role in video content management, email address, and a Collaborator field type named Airtable user. (Most, but not all of the team will have Airtable accounts.)

I’d like Kanban Views of Videos / Reviews stacked by the Lookup field which references a single Airtable user. Videos / Reviews kanbans would be stacked by each Airtable user assigned. Any Videos / Reviews assigned to team members who aren’t Airtable users would be listed in the Uncategorized stack.

Lookup field extension is a massive feature extension for Calendar Views. Let’s do likewise for Kanban! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

14 Comments
Angela_Anderson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’d also like to use a lookup field as the grouping on a Kanban View.

I am using a base to manage a product roadmap. There’s a table of Features and another table of Release Dates (among other things). I’d love to use the Kanban View to group features by release date, given that it’s a single-select lookup field.

My workaround at the moment is to create a single-select dropdown that mimics the value of the lookup field.

Hope this is the best way to “vote”!

William_Collie1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This. Please. I want to be able to Kanban view attendees by event.

Lynnsey_Schneid
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have a table listing locations, and another table listing site visits. One of the data points for a site visit is the location, and I want to create a Kanban view grouping my site visits by location. To do this, I’d need to get rid of my location table, and maintain the list of locations in the site visit table, and every other table that references location.

I see this was requested more than a year ago. Is it on the roadmap? Please let us know.

Brad_Moss
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Literally. Begging. For. This. Capability.

Tom_Callaghan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Dragging in an entire bag of +1

Leslie_Wagner

Any progress on this? Add one more request to the list, please!

Alex_Hubert
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any progress on this please?

Sam_Brown

+1 from me.

Lookup fields are critical to creating good normalised structure and the kanban view is a great way to visualise these into groups.

carl_anderson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 as well, super interested in this feature, it’d allow us to have Trello like views, it’d be grand!

Lauren_Briskin1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This would be great, and I’m not quite sure why we can’t do it? I have a linked field (actually from a synced base) that relies on a single select status field.

I do not want to double enter my statuses. I do need to keep my statuses up to date, as they’re the field I want to show to my developers so I can use this view to keep them on track for deliverables.

Does anyone have a workaround?