Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Limiting Attachment Size (For Forms, mainly)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Megan_Dunagan
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi, hello, and good morning,

I’d like to request a feature to LIMIT the file size of images uploaded. It would be even nicer if you could specify to have certain image DPI requirements. If the requirements were not met, they’d be greeted with an error and explanation.

While I can perfectly well manage my file sizes, if you have a submittable form based on your grid, some people don’t heed upload guidelines, so it would be nice if this was a feature.

This would be great for people who manage social media profiles and want web-ready images. I’m sure people who submit PDFs would think it great, too. No one needs 56mb PDF resumes.

6 Comments
alex
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This would be absolutely incredible! Running into issues with this right now.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

While it’s not the exact solution, we made an extension that helps you save some attachment space by compressing your images on Airtable. And you can set it to automatically apply to any new record.

Efraim_Wachsman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be a great feature! But I see it’s here since 2017 so I have little hope for it.

Philippe_Dubost

Very interested by a file size limit feature for attachments in forms too
is this in the pipeline ?

Eric_Ruiz_Moler
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey @Megan_Dunagan, did you find an alternative solution to this? I’m very interested.

Thank you!

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We built a custom form for Airtable. It has an option that allows you to set a file size limit on attachment fields.