Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Link a subset of view configurations between multiple views [not bulk change view configuration]

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samuel_Wood
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’d love to be able to link/tie a subset of view configurations between views of a table together, so that I can save time/maintain flow when temporarily adjusting a certain configuration that I want consistent across similar views.

This normally comes up for me while I am doing planning for my week or during product planning. I have two or more views that are either variations on the same view (e.g. four calendar views titled “this week”, “next two weeks”, “this month”, “next month”) or similar views (e.g. a monthly calendar, a timeline view, and a gantt chart). When planning, I might have certain filters or colors that I am cycling through. I don’t love that I have to monkey with the views as I go to get them consistent. It totally ruins my flow, especially when I am doing some planning with others. I know I can use the “copy another view’s configuration” feature, but it is still ruins flow and there are some parts I don’t actually want to copy.

See some of my thoughts on additional requirements for the feature. These are likely specific to my persona or how I might use it, but thought they might be helpful. FYI, configurations = view configurations.

• I’d like the option to synch either a subset or all configurations between views
  • I’d like to be able to freely change unsynched configurations in synched views
  • I’d like to be able to layer additional configurations without them being synched across views for configurations that can be layered (i.e. filters, etc.)
  • I’d like to be able to change synched configurations within one of the synched views