Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Lock Records by Date-Closing Date-Delete Date

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Ken_Moholt-Sieb
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I would like to build a database that has records in flux and records that are locked. The records that are in fluxโ€“the current period, whether monthly, quarterly, or annually, would be separated from locked records by a closing date (or other number/field I suppose) that determines the cutoff or closing whereby that prior records are deemed complete and not subject to change. So I am imagining a field type that is โ€œClosing numberโ€ that could be a date or some other ordinal type that could be included in a table, and then an option under the โ€œ+โ€ tab at the upper right of the menu, which offer โ€œClosing dateโ€. If you selected โ€œClosing dateโ€ from the menu, you could choose a particular date or number, and all prior records would be locked. You could reverse this, but only after getting a warning message and perhaps entering your password.

This same method could be used to protect sensitive information as well: You could have a field type: โ€œProtectionโ€ and designate user levels to access/view/modify the information.

1 Comment
Amber_Weaver
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

You ever get an answer for this question?