Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Lookup attributes of collaborators in a column

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Angeliki
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would like to be able to add a field that includes attributes of the collaborators entered within a "user" or "created by" or "last modified by" type of field. For example if George is entered as a collaborator in a field in table X of base Y and George belongs to a user admin group called "Sales" I would like to look up the user group George belongs to and automatically show it in another field of the same entry in table X of base Y.

2 Comments
Ron_Daniel
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

You should be able to do this using linked records and lookups.

For example, here I have assigned a user to each project. The users are referenced from the Users table. In that table, you can link them to the groups in the Admin Group table. Note that when a user is assigned to a project in Table X, the admin group they are a part of will automatically be shown via the lookup field.

Screen Shot 2023-01-30 at 1.52.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-30 at 1.52.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2023-01-30 at 1.53.02 PM.png

Angeliki
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thank you for your answer! I don't want to do this by manually creating a table but by using the already existing admin groups within the admin panel.