Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Lookup based on unlinked field

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Harkn
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It would be good if a function similar to DLOOKUP in VBA could be available. I’d like to pull data from another table, but can’t if it’s not linked. As an example - I have a series of events at which people can hire things. They pay for a number of hire periods. In the table that lists the hires I can select an event, but then I can’t look up the event at which they should return it, even though I can calculate the reference of that event.

2 Comments
Christopher_Bis
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

The ability to run a lookup or rollup on the basis of a formula column is an essential feature for me. Eg. where a record should have a default value for a field, except if overridden by the user, I use a formula to say IF (Special= “”, Default,Special) - I cannot then lookup/rollup etc on the basis of that formula’s result…

An alternative, would be better support for default values for more field types…

Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I second this. Default values (with formula support) all the way.

Or an ‘Input allowed’ tick box (on a new ‘Behaviour’ tab?) in the dialog or something. This could work with formulas, but also with a rollup for example (e.g. show a default price, but make it optionally updatable).