Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Lookup Inherits Visual (Color, Stars) From Parent Table

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris_Polus
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

When I try to have important information from another table shown in my current table, I use the lookup field. But what I don’t like is that the lookup is transformed into a simple text representation.

So when I lookup a “single select” field that has rounded borders and colors, as a lookup, it’s only text with no color and no round borders.
When I lookup a priority field with a star representation it’s even worse. It gets transformed into a number. So instead of having 4 stars, I get the number 4. Which is harder to read.

All lookup fields lose their color and visual representation, which makes the table look dull and hard to read.

I’d like to request the feature that lookup fields look exactly like in the table looked up from. If it’s pink hearts, it should be pink hearts. If it’s colored single select fields it should look like it. Information would be much easier to read and look at this way.

Cheers
Chris