Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Make Base "Users" in an automatic table

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hashim_Warren
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

I’m using Airtable for project management. I wish that I could assign work to someone who is a member of the Base without having to make a new table with everyone’s names

4 Comments
Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I am helping a client build out a CRM solution and this would be very useful for them also - especially if there were also features which allowed the creation of filters for ‘current user’ against lookups linking to the users table - so for example I could have a view which showed each sales person their own clients / opportunities etc. At the moment, the only way to do this as far as I can see is to link to a Users Table you create - and then there is no way I can see to automatically filter views - you would need a view for each person which is not at all manageable.

Hashim_Warren
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

That’s exactly, exactly what I’ve done and it’s becoming unwieldy

Hashim_Warren
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

I signed up to the “collaborator field” beta which looks like it does what I’m hoping for, only better!

Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

@Hashim_Warren - I agree the new Collaborator field is a step in the right direction (and very welcome) - the next step would be to allow user fields to be added to the User’s table. This is a requirement in many apps I find.