Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Make interfaces available on the iPad

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Perrin_Romney
5 - Automation Enthusiast
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Make Interfaces available on the iPad

How does is solve the user problems?

In construction, we use iPads for most of our inspection and statusing. To not have an interface useable on the iPad app is a major barrier to being able to use this in the field. 

How was this validated?

Who is the target audience?

Anyone who uses Airtable not sitting down

37 Comments
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I heartily second this idea. I would like to see better support for interfaces on mobile devices.

However, @Perrin_Romney, you may want to know that it is possible to use an interface on an iPad. Instead of using the mobile app, go to Airtable in a web browser and request the desktop site instead of the mobile site. Then you will be able to log into Airtable normally and access your bases, interfaces, and more. I do this on a regular basis. It isn't as nice as a native solution would be, but it is surprisingly usable if the interface is designed with iPad in mind.

Erin_Milne
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Co-sign this idea!!

Calvin_Young2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This one is killing me.  iPads are the perfect interface for interfaces (wait what) and we bought a handful of them to hand out to operators at work, but they're limited to using the app and the Safari bookmark workaround which has significant drawbacks (ever tried to scroll through a gallery? it selects whichever record your finger was on when you released it from the screen during the flick).

Jay_DeDapper

This is becoming a critical miss โ€” half of our team is on iPads with keyboard in the field instead of laptops and the browser workaround is sub-optimal. This should be a priority to port that experience into a iPad-only native app.

Alex_Godfrey

I agree that Interface on mobile devices is crucial. 

jslaughter
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agreed. Interface functionality is severely limited if limited to desktop. 

Lclore
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Came here because I opened it on my iPad for the first time and went, โ€œWtf? Where is my interface?โ€  Adding a comment so they get this taken care of. 

luke_hyce
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

^Same as above

Lclore
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is getting pretty urgent. Bumping again so this is taken care of. Their video says that you can access this on a tablet but I can't. 

Ryan_Bremner

YES URGENT NEED PLEASE!