Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Make interfaces available on the iPad

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Perrin_Romney
5 - Automation Enthusiast
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Make Interfaces available on the iPad

How does is solve the user problems?

In construction, we use iPads for most of our inspection and statusing. To not have an interface useable on the iPad app is a major barrier to being able to use this in the field. 

How was this validated?

Who is the target audience?

Anyone who uses Airtable not sitting down

37 Comments
Jinchen_Fan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Same here

TriggerChicago
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I do not understand how to "Instead of using the mobile app, go to Airtable in a web browser and request the desktop site instead of the mobile site".  When I go to airtable.com on my iPad it hijacks the link and forces mobile.  How to override??

Lclore
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@TriggerChicago you have to use safari on an iPad. I too was very confused while trying to use chrome. 

I was told they were working on this but itโ€™s taking a really long timeโ€ฆ. 

Lclore
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

THIS HAS TO HAPPEN! I was told it was coming soon several months ago. This is critical to our functions. 

VEBART
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Interfaces works on iPhone. It canโ€™t be that difficult to have it work in another iOS device - the iPad!

Calvin_Young2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I was chuckling to myself last night when I tried to check in on something at work... here's how the record picker interface looks on an iPhone 15.

screenshot.png

Kirsti_Griffith

Completely agree this needs to happen! Just noticed today that you cannot access the desktop site from an iPad using Microsoft edge app either. it will only give you a link to the mobile app or a magic link to use on your desktop. You have to use Safari if you want to access the desktop site from your iPad! This is a bummer because my default app is set to Edge so interface page links donโ€™t work for me. 
please improve support for iPads!!!

Philip_Johnston

+1 to this. Airtable is great as a backend product, is a hot mess for anyone with iPads trying to actually work with the frontend. 

Melagence

+1 this is indeed ridiculous! 

mypublicme
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

hey airtable! I can't get over this. you're selling your product as "the fastest way to build apps". Don't you think apps should especially work on mobile devices???? this is our major use case and now, with this magic link login it's not even possible to open the interfaces in any way on the iPad. This is beyond failing I have to say. super disappointed...