Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Make interfaces available on the iPad

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Perrin_Romney
5 - Automation Enthusiast
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Make Interfaces available on the iPad

How does is solve the user problems?

In construction, we use iPads for most of our inspection and statusing. To not have an interface useable on the iPad app is a major barrier to being able to use this in the field. 

How was this validated?

Who is the target audience?

Anyone who uses Airtable not sitting down

72 Comments
Calvin_Young2
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Happy to get a little attention from the staff, but everyone here is absolutely right.  It's embarrassing having to train new folks on my team all the hacky little tricks to get things to work on the iPad.  And training other developers on my team what features they can and can't use when developing iPad interfaces.  I spent years proudly championing Airtable to my team but these days I am feeling more sheepish and exploring other solutions when new opportunities arise.  We need a little more show of support and progress, otherwise the amount of money we're spending would be better justified in making our own internal webapp.

MarvinW

I also write this out of desparation – I get what the Airtable product team is saying that technically some version of the Interfaces is available on iPads, but right now, it is unusable, especially for single select and date fields. If nothing else it would be highly valuable if Airtable would at least work on fixes for those issues and get those to work better when in an touch environment.

Frustration is brewing internally and I'm afraid our team is already pushing us to move off Airtable.

Brian_Curley
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

The advertising that it is can be used on an ipad is deceptive.  I don’t see this being resolved and I assume they don’t care so I am looking for an alternative.  Any suggestions welcomed.

Kelly_OShaughne
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

@Jay_DeDapper @MarvinW Appreciate you flagging the issues with single select & date fields in particular. I'll take this back to the team. If there are any other key workflows important to work seamlessly on Interfaces for iPad that currently do not meet expectations - please do not hesitate to flag them here so that we can better prioritize our roadmap and support for iPad. 

Kirsti_Griffith

@Kelly_OShaughne I'm confused on how we should be more specific other than interfaces are not supported on the iPad app at all it appears.... You must go through browser.  So, let's start with getting the interfaces to simply show up and open in the app.  THEN we can work on what workflows are not working "seamlessly". 

Thanks.

MarvinW

@Kelly_OShaughnethank you! In case it is of any help, I have uploaded a video on how the behavior is on iPad for those fields with 2 examples:

Lclore
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@MarvinW The calendar is also useless from the IPad. I can't click into records and attempting to do so reschedules those appointments. SIngle select fields also do not select unless you type the first letter and then hit enter.

Kelly_OShaughne
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Thanks @MarvinW & @Lclore for the details there. Product quality across all available platforms is table stakes - I've already taken this feedback to the appropriate team to discuss prioritization.

YBrekke
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Interfaces not available in the iPad app is a show stopper! Do I have to build my databse in FileMaker after all…

David_Smart1

This has to happen please