Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Multiple Page Document in Page Designer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CAHerrmann
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

I am using Airtable for project management. I am trying to shift some of our proposal generation to Airtable and see some promise with the Page Designer Feature.

Just wondering – is it possible to generate multiple pages from a single record? Basically, for each job, I have several components that take up most of a sheet of paper. I need to have a summary table of work to be completed below that, along with terms and conditions.

Our current proposals are 6 pages long using Microsoft Word

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

128 Comments
David_Rosentrat
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for this feature. I’m kind of surprised that it doesn’t already have this functionality. It would be incredibly useful!

Alejandro_Lover
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

You know you can just have multiple page design blocks for multiple pages right?

I use it for construction budgets and contracts so the number of line items always changes per project but I layout my page designer like this:
Block 1 - Invoice header with project name, customer details and my company details
add “look up” column element that is linked to my budgets to pull in all of the line items (usually never fits all on one sheet so I see where it got cut off at and continue that on the next block)
Block 2 - “look up” column for budgets continued
Block 3 - Invoice footer with terms and conditions.

Yes this is still a multi-step solution but it is all contained in airtable so there is no need to be exporting and importing into different workflows!

Nikesh_Ashar
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’ve considered this solution but it would still mean PDF’ing 3 different blocks and then having to merge them somehow.

We have to do this for 100 students a month - I can’t imagine someone doing that.

Robert_Bell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I had this issue too - ended up making a ‘custom’ sized form (doubled the length) and then formatted accordingly. When you print - print as 8.5x11 and its a two page form now.

Scott_Sapire
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is basic. Needs to be at the front of Dev list. HUGE limiter to airtable.

M_Fayid_Farouk
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for multiple pages, based on the length of the data. May be even with different first page options. Need to flow as long as there’s data.

DE_Eddy
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 - PLEASE! Would really really love this feature. Workarounds will not work for us.

Anonymous
Not applicable

There should be another version of page builder called “responsive page builder” which allows you to drag items to structured columns and rows. This set up would adapts to the page size and elements around it similar to a designing a web page.

The current page builder is fixed and stagnant when it comes to element positions, making it difficult to use when it comes to having data pulling in from a table as that can stretch the page if lots of data is listed.

Scott_Sapire
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I believe you can choose to shrink the text to fit.

Claudia_Leduc

Hi Alejandro,

Your solution seems interesting.

I would like to know more about how you do that part: “I see where it got cut off at and continue that on the next block”

and also:

““look up” column for budgets continued”

Thanks in advance!