Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Multiple Page Document in Page Designer

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
CAHerrmann
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

I am using Airtable for project management. I am trying to shift some of our proposal generation to Airtable and see some promise with the Page Designer Feature.

Just wondering โ€“ is it possible to generate multiple pages from a single record? Basically, for each job, I have several components that take up most of a sheet of paper. I need to have a summary table of work to be completed below that, along with terms and conditions.

Our current proposals are 6 pages long using Microsoft Word

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

128 Comments
Javier_Zayas-Ba
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

My solution for multi-page documents on Page Designer is set forth below.
Step 1: Go to page designer settings and create a custom size document (I needed two pages so my custom document size is 927 px wide by 2500 px height.
Step 2: add the static text and fields to your document
Step 3: Print custom document in the desired size format. For example: letter, legal, etc.
Step 4: Look at the print out and arrange the static text and fields on the custom document to fit within the printed pagesโ€“making sure to adjust margins appropriately.
Step 5: Reprint and check your work.

This will result in a multi page form.

Tip: Print to PDF to preview your margins and changes for actually printing paper.

Jon_Techilovsky
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The following worked for me:

Set the page up as a custom page - I used dimensions 901 x 2500.

image1

And then when you print do these settings - most important is you select Record Layout as โ€œIn a listโ€.

printsettings

Any records that go over multiple pages will print across more than 1 page.

(The only annoying thing with this method is the printer adds blank pages in between the records for some reason - so a 20 page document ends up using 35 pages or something. But at least you can remove those blank pages and end up with what you want.)

Jeanne_Wallace
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Multi-page feature very much needed! I hope Airtable will develop soon. We wish to print 10-25 page reports (variable per customer, based on 2,250 records in lookup fields). Single page not useful for our needs, and as we print hundreds per week, a work-around with multiple steps is not feasible. Maybe add a new block so people can choose between single-page forms vs multi-page reports.

Scott_Morad
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Wow, I cannot believe there is no response inside this thread from product development in over 18months! You folks are usually so responsive! +1 for multi-page functionality. I am already on the cusp of printing invoices from work order records. I donโ€™t have current need but I can see it on the horizon.

L_Team

+1 for this feature!

Our team has created a few different documents through page designer but theyโ€™re all not currently being used as we havenโ€™t found an easy work around to getting things formatted properly across multiple pages.

The fields can either have a lot or a little information, so if we set things statically on the page design, there can either end up being not enough space, or too much white space. It would be nice if the page designer could automatically re-format to be more or less pages as the data is pulled in from the table.

Weโ€™ve thought about creating a separate page designer block for every page of the documents weโ€™d be creating, but at that point its just easier to copy-paste some of the data into a google docโ€ฆ

Ideally we would be able to view and edit multiple pages with in one page designer block.

Any update from AirTable support would be greatly appreciated!!

Ethan_Rosch1

For the amount of money they charge (per user) having half baked features like this is a bit of a let-down.

Alejandra_Espas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is there a way to move a block of text boxes in page designer like in word?

Dave_Zdon

Create the boilerplate pages as Airtable records in your rental contracts. Add 2 fields to the table: a Checkbox called โ€œPrintโ€ and a long text field called โ€œBoilerplateโ€. Copy/Paste the boilerplate for each page into the โ€œBoilerplateโ€ field on 4 new records. MAke sure โ€œPrintโ€ is checked. On your Page block drag the โ€œBoilerplateโ€ field onto your page. Maket as big as needed. set the font size, etc. This filed can cover all of your other fields if needed. Make sure the โ€œBoilerplateโ€ field is set to be transparent. Also make sure there is no information in the 4 boilerplate records in the other fields that print for your page 1 contract.

You can add a number field for Page Number. Set it to default to โ€œ1โ€. that way all of your new contracts will always be page 1. Number the other pages as needed. Filter your records to the Print check box. You should always have 5. Uncheck any extras that show up and theyโ€™ll leave the list. Print all records from the page block.

It takes much longer to describe the process than to actually do it!
Good Luck!

Luke_Ellis
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for multiple pages please

Tanguy_Auffret-
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 also for multipage in page designer.
but we could also use better formatting of the print record function. the ability to add a logo and some sort of title + subtotal by page and a correct pagination. This would enable to extract professional reports from airtable.