Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Multiple Page Document in Page Designer

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
CAHerrmann
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello,

I am using Airtable for project management. I am trying to shift some of our proposal generation to Airtable and see some promise with the Page Designer Feature.

Just wondering โ€“ is it possible to generate multiple pages from a single record? Basically, for each job, I have several components that take up most of a sheet of paper. I need to have a summary table of work to be completed below that, along with terms and conditions.

Our current proposals are 6 pages long using Microsoft Word

Any thoughts on how to accomplish this?

128 Comments
Gregory_Primosc
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am also looking to print multiple child records for a header record that are more than can fit on one page. If anyone finds a solution, please post it to the thread. For now, it looks like it is simply not something that Airtable supports.

Jeff_cargill
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

How has this not been addressed since 2018 is this ever going to get looked at?

Hannah_Wiginton
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

You can try the On2Air Google Docs integration.

It automatically generates a Google Docs file based on your Airtable data. You can use our template approach to expand it to the size you need.

You can try it out here -

Start a Trial

Nadege_BOINNARD
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Haha Typical Airtable : feature requested by a very large amount of people sinceโ€ฆ forever and nothing has been done.

Airtable ! Please get a team on this !!! WE NEEDS IT PRECIOUS !

Aaron_Buchinger
5 - Automation Enthusiast

@Airtable_Administrat I feel like being able to print multiple pages would be a very useful feature especially since this issue is already going on since 2018, this is really urgent, for me since we are trying to use this option to have everything under one roof.

Marijn_Gremann

+1 This would def be a game changer!

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable stated that they are working on Page Designer 2.0 at the DareTable conference last weekend. No promises of specific features and no timeline, but they are definitely working on a new version.

LarryFlores

Hi everyone,

Our team was looking for a way to print multiple page documents and send them to Adobe Sign. Previously, we had done this manually using Page Designer, but when the number of documents to create increased, it just became unusable. Plumsail Documents proved to be a great alternative and also helped automate the routine process.

We will definitely continue using it until the Page Designer 2.0 is released. If anyone is interested, check out the comparison article below:
Airtable Page Designer Alternative

The solution is paid but offers a free one-month trial.

Devorah_Henders

Airtable, how have you not done this yet? My company is evaluating the product right now and this is exactly the kind of thing that is make-or-break whether we go with the product. Everyone wants this feature. It should really be basic to the product. Why donโ€™t you create it?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yeah, itโ€™s pretty disappointing that Airtable ignores most (if not all) customer feedback.

Thankfully, 3rd-party developers have come to the rescue to answer hundreds of unfulfilled customer needs.

So for automating the creation of both single-page and multi-page documents, you can turn to solutions such as DocuMint or On2Air: Actions or Make.

Iโ€™m well-versed in all of these products, so if you have a budget for your project and youโ€™d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting โ€” ScottWorld.

There are many many other products that do this, too โ€” my list above is not an exhaustive list. Someone posted the other day that they loved PlumSail for this, which was the first time I had heard of it.