Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Named Snapshots

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Heracles
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Snapshots would be much much more useful it they could be named (like Google Drive does) and “pinned” so that they wouldn’t be overwritten by automatic snapshots.

2 Comments
Vernon_Fowler
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

A name and or annotation capability is needed, at least for manual snapshots. Without the capability to name or annotate a snapshot, we have no way of distinguishing any of the snapshots (manual or automated), or recalling why we took a snapshot.

A name would be a great start. A long text comment/annotation field would also be valuable to note any rationale.

The date and time stamp of snapshots are also crucial. Please don’t hide or remove that metadata in the process of adding any additional functionality to snapshots.

scotty
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’d like to bump this as it seems very handy. I just took my first manual snapshot as I am working on some big changes and want to be able to go back. It makes it very hard though. I will now have to save and annotate a screenshot. YUCK!

It seems like a very simple yet useful change.