Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Non US Phone formats needed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Doug_Parke
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Now, I know there are 300 million of you Americans and that’s a big market - BUT - we need phone formats that work for other countries! First up should be Australia - where the phone format is landline (XX) xxxx xxxx and mobiles are (04xx) xxx xxx. Please?

46 Comments
Aristeidis_Zagk
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

this is really becoming…ridiculous. Products like coda.io have all these features, as standard.
European Format please

Stephanie_Reid

There are lots of U.S. customers that would like a built-in solution as well—we’re a music company that represents and works with composers, artists, and businesses from all over the world in addition to the U.S. Would LOVE if 35%+ of our contacts table numbers weren’t out-of-format.

ChipAtYaggy

“This is definitely something we plan on doing in the future.”

The future is already in the past. Please provide some kind of an update so we don’t think we are being ignored.

Brock_Taffe1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi! Is there any updates on this? It was initially logged in 2016!

nnnnneil
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

+1 for Australia formatting support :slightly_smiling_face:

Christian_MICHE
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Real dissapointing to see that 6 years later the topic of non us phone number is still pending.

PMoby

May I add my voice to this. It seems ridiculous not to have our (French) phones in a proper format, which may stop our softphone from calling a number in one click by the way.
On the fence about adopting Airtable now, but things like weeks starting only a Sunday and such phone formats may be what will make the solution look amateur in the eyes of the decision makers in spite of my efforts and demos.
If there are technical implications we do not see such as an impact on existing records (but being just a way to display the same infos I fail to see what), please advise and provide a roadmap ?
Thanks!,

Doug_Parke

Yes it is pretty much unbelievable.

Doug Parke
Strathmore Farm and B&B

Mirboo North, Victoria 3871

E: dougparke@me.com
M: 0412 300 251
P: 03 5668 1980

Ambroise_Dhenai
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

“Definitely do this” - Back in 2016.

fahad_mush
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes +1 for this feature.
The problem is that i cant copy paste same format to other softwares/program.