Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Open Record Details side page using a button

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Renatto_Andrade
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I'd like the ability to open up a details side-page for a record by clicking a button in an interface page.

For my use case, I have team members providing feedback via a "form", which is just a page layout with multiple editable fields. Occasionally, some peeps have wanted to see additional details to provide context to their feedback. These details come via a rollup from connected records in another table, and the delivery was very cumbersome, especially when there were many connected records involved. This often disrupted the original layout of the page, so I solved by creating a new interface page dedicated to hosting these details. Currently users can get there via a button to the 2nd page's URL.

I think a slightly more elegant solution would be for the button to open up a record details side page, and allow me to display the rollup field there. This would let some of my team see the additional details if they wanted to, without disrupting the page layout, and without taking them away from the page.

1 Comment
Catherine_Alexa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Lom Labs has developed an option for this. It works really well! You can use an extension and create the link itself or you can integrate the side sheet URL formation into an automation (way better). I pay $5/month for 5000 URLs per month

https://www.lomlabs.io/airtable