Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Option for Interface Button action "Go to interface page" - stay on current record ID

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shaun
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hey team!

We created an interface for our orders, and have one page that is "view only" and another that is editable.  I placed an "Edit" button at the top of the view-only interface that opens the editable one.  However, it doesn't stay on the current record ID when doing so, and instead goes back to the record at the top of the list. 

It would be nice if on this menu, there was an option to "Stay on current record" for buttons.

This would enable us to more smoothly go through our workflow when processing orders, and I'm sure others would find other uses for it as well.

shaun_0-1708464864454.png

2 Comments
Dan_Montoya
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @shaun ,

I duplicated this by creating a interface page that is read only.  Then by clicking into the record you get a version you can mark fields as editable.  This sounds like what you are trying to do.  You don't need a separate button or a separate interface.

Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 6.27.27 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-02-20 at 6.27.33 PM.png

TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Hmm, you could also add a formula field to your table that has the editable Interface's URL modified with the record ID, and point that "Edit" button at that field instead.  Should do what you're looking for