Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Paired self-table record links. Ie Parent/Child type links

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_Nordin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’ve posted on this before. But seen no activity on it. I need this, soon if possible, because every single base of mine relies on this functionality.

I REALLY want a link-to-record within the same table to create another link column that auto-populates. Or a type that will.
I just spent all day trying to fudge around it, but it requires either (a) manual linking with every record, (b) at least two new columns on this and a completely separate table to copy/paste/formula, that requires basically a temporary duplicate entry and again, lots of manual entry. And this doesn’t update with new records.

I’d love a hierarchically-grouped view, but I could make do with just this one feature;
I want a second column to be created when I self-link a table!!

Does anyone have a self-updating workaround to this? Because for the life of me I can’t find one. And I don’t want to fiddle around with Zapier, either, because any solution I can think of with that requires a paid account.

Edit:
For now I’ve settled with putting each level of hierarchy on a new table, and I can sort of see them grouped in a hierarchical format.
With this (Probably the intended) use case, allowing lookups/rollups to pull actual linked records of linked records, so you can click through, would basically solve my problem.