Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

PDFs: Create and Attach PDFs using "camera" button

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Matthew_Billio1
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

First of all, many compliments on the android app:
I love it and it is very user friendly and intuitive.

Now, when adding an attachment to a record, the options are: camera and file picker. But I need to make and attach a pdf using the phone cameraโ€ฆ

Currently if the user attaches a picture using the phoneโ€™s camera, Airtable allows the user to choose which camera app to use, which gave me this idea: Is there a way to force the camera trigger to open CamScanner or AdobeAcrobat or AdobeScan?

At the moment, when I want to attach a pdf, I have to open CamScanner or AdobeAcrobat take a picture using the camera app from within the PDF app, then save the file, then open Airtable, then open the file picker, find the file and hit attach, wait for the uploadโ€ฆ TKO / RIP
-.-

x-|

As a work around, I have thought of attaching a file using evernote but have not yet tried this. Anyone else running into this issue?

2 Comments
Scott_Noroozi
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes. I canโ€™t find how to attach a PDF.

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

If you would like to turn an image in Airtable into to a PDF attachment, you can use this extension to convert it.