Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Permanent deletion of records

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Thomas
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi,

In light of the EU GDPR coming into effect, is it possible to permanently delete a single record?

From doing some research my understanding is that there will always be a revision history and snapshots stored for some time that will include the data that needs to be deleted.

Would be great to be able to have the option to permanently delete a record.

4 Comments
Florian_Hoppen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

That is only one of the points concerning us as European users. What about data storage? the gdpr request the data to be stored within the EU borders?

How does AirTable take care of this issue for itโ€™s European users? What are the plans, timelines, etc. for gdpr compatibility?

Helmi
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Airtable_Support any asap statement on this would be appreciated or do we just need to move away from Airtable?

Sidenote: This not only affects EU customers but also everyone that saves personal data of EU citizens.

Bettina
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is crucially important for me too. I need to know everything about how data is stored, secured and deleted. I was contemplating running a type of crm with airtable but if there is no protection according to the law I canโ€™t.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi there, the best way at the moment for users on self-service plans to delete the contents of an individual record from revision history and snapshots is to delete the record, then duplicate the entire base and delete the original (revision history and snapshots will not be preserved in the copy). For enterprise customers, we offer revision history and snapshot clearing upon request.

For more context on GDPR, please see Howieโ€™s post here: