Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Phone app: desktop shortcuts to a specific view in a base

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Aernout_de_Beau
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It would be very useful if the mobile Airtable app would allow us to create a shortcut icon on our phone homescreen. That way, one tap would open a specific view in a particular base. Since I have created more than one base with several tables and numerous views, I currently need to concentrate when navigating to the required view, requiring four taps.

Only a few of my views are meant for on-the-fly viewing/editing (on my iOS phone), so selectively creating shortcuts would be a very welcome feature.

3 Comments
Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Indeed, Airtable has not supported URL Schemes as most apps have chosen to support - see more here.

One would think that it would be a brief exercise to create home screen shortcuts that would just recognize and launch the native Airtable iOS apps. However, itโ€™s not that simple because none of the shortcut apps (including Appleโ€™s) are able to see Airtable - ergo, itโ€™s URL scheme is [apparently] not registered in iOS.

But there is a way to mitigate this issue with [ironically] Airtable itself. Itโ€™s not ideal, but it does help.

Create a base with all of your key views - use that app as a high-level shortcut manager. Drop in all your key view names and links and it works pretty well.

Wanna get to that view but canโ€™t remember the base or the table? One tap to open the Views base; one tap to select the view; one tap to launch the view.

Jeremy_Zeitoun
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

hi there,

Any news on this please ?

Thanks a lot

Hannah_Wiginton
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hey Jeremy,

Hereโ€™s a way to do it