Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Please give us a text formatting option for columns

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Markus_Wernig
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

It would be great if AirTable allowed us to set the text formatting for a column to - let’s say UPPER CASE when we configure the column. So all entries made in that column would automatically be turned into UPPER CASE. That would be similar to the phone numer formatting, only I’d like to be able to have options in the configuration window - let’s say set it to UPPER CASE, TITLE CASE or FREE FORM.

This would ensure formatting consistency among collaborators. I personally find Upper Case Entries easier to read - especially for the Name column. We can’t always count on other people to be consistent when it comes to these things.

Please keep up the excellent work! AirTable is amazing! And it’s getting better and better.

3 Comments
Howie
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Thanks for the suggestion! Noted

Gen_Kiyooka
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Validating input to force UPPER CASE (or other constraints) would be my request as I’d rather have everything in the table column having a uniformity.

So that would be a requested feature of the FORMS VIEW that is sending user data directly into the table.

Grant_Posell
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

You can do this with an UPPER() formula, just make another column next to the columns you want to change and do UPPER({Column name}) and then change back to text, copy and paste into column to have it all be upper case.

Let me know if you have any questions.