Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Please Think Front End / Back End

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alex_Webster
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have very recently discovered Airtable and I have to say that I love it. For personal data and projects it would always be my first choice.

TL;DR: views and forms IN the app like embedded views/forms, please

I want to move some of my clients from Podio to Airtable, but I am too scared to do so. It is far too easy for ordinary users to delete data, break relationships, enter garbage, fail to enter required fields…

In short, the data is TOO accessible to too many users.

I’d love to expose data in a limited way via forms and views that limit accessibility and validate data entry. I had toyed with the idea of ONLY using embedded forms for data entry, but that seems like a terrible approach.

This isn’t a very specific feature request, but I wish that, in addition to its awesome ‘back-end’, Airtable had a ‘front end’ layer that allowed me to control data entry, access and visibility, based on field-level, item-level, table-level and user-level privileges.

Thanks!

2 Comments
Dominic_Falcao

Some version of this is also high on our interest list, though I imagine it would add quite a bit of complexity.

We want to be able to restrict users to be able to edit only particular info (especially info that they themselves added, such as form data).

Noel_Howell
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 here! I can’t add too many people to my team bases and restrict visibility either. If I could share info between bases, then maybe I could get around the permissions that are lacking, but neither is possible.