Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Please Think Front End / Back End

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Alex_Webster
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I have very recently discovered Airtable and I have to say that I love it. For personal data and projects it would always be my first choice.

TL;DR: views and forms IN the app like embedded views/forms, please

I want to move some of my clients from Podio to Airtable, but I am too scared to do so. It is far too easy for ordinary users to delete data, break relationships, enter garbage, fail to enter required fieldsโ€ฆ

In short, the data is TOO accessible to too many users.

Iโ€™d love to expose data in a limited way via forms and views that limit accessibility and validate data entry. I had toyed with the idea of ONLY using embedded forms for data entry, but that seems like a terrible approach.

This isnโ€™t a very specific feature request, but I wish that, in addition to its awesome โ€˜back-endโ€™, Airtable had a โ€˜front endโ€™ layer that allowed me to control data entry, access and visibility, based on field-level, item-level, table-level and user-level privileges.

Thanks!

2 Comments
Dominic_Falcao

Some version of this is also high on our interest list, though I imagine it would add quite a bit of complexity.

We want to be able to restrict users to be able to edit only particular info (especially info that they themselves added, such as form data).

Noel_Howell
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 here! I canโ€™t add too many people to my team bases and restrict visibility either. If I could share info between bases, then maybe I could get around the permissions that are lacking, but neither is possible.