Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Prefill a hidden form field

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver_Holtz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m using forms for user research and I would like to segment answers from different customer groups, similar to how survey monkey allows you to create different links to the same survey and segment answers accordingly. In this case I want to create I want to create different forms with the same questions, but which have a hidden pre-filled field called “Origin”, prefilled with values like “Facebook”, “Internal” or “Newsletter”, so I can backtrack what kinds of answers come from which channel.

Being able to prefill fields that are hidden from the form would allow me do do this inside of Airtable rather than go to a more complicated tool like Survey Monkey.

Best,
Oli

62 Comments
Zollie
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Is this the sort of prefilling functionality you’re looking for?

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The link @Zollie provided explains prefilling, but that only works with fields that are visible in the form. Prefilling does not work if the field is not shown in the form. Hence this product suggestion.

Darrin_Hawe
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I second this product suggestion. Being able to prefill fields not visible on forms would allow me to set a record field to ‘requested’ and perform different actions on records containing that value.

kamil_w

:thumbs_up:
You’ve hit the nail on the head.

Ryan_Gregory

I agree, this is definitely needed. There are a variety of survey tools out there one I use that can accomplish this is Cognito Forms. I would say its pretty straight forward, but I’ve never used Survey Monkey so maybe its about the same in terms of how complicated.

Max_Joles

This feature would open up a ton of applications and use cases. Would love to see it.

EricWongMusic
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I love to see this function too!

wjb
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

We really need this feature as well.

Cressinad
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This feature would be AWESOME !!!

Rafael_Santos
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This feature would be really useful to me too.