Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Prefill a hidden form field

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Oliver_Holtz
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’m using forms for user research and I would like to segment answers from different customer groups, similar to how survey monkey allows you to create different links to the same survey and segment answers accordingly. In this case I want to create I want to create different forms with the same questions, but which have a hidden pre-filled field called “Origin”, prefilled with values like “Facebook”, “Internal” or “Newsletter”, so I can backtrack what kinds of answers come from which channel.

Being able to prefill fields that are hidden from the form would allow me do do this inside of Airtable rather than go to a more complicated tool like Survey Monkey.

Best,
Oli

62 Comments
sic
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I found an prefill app/extension on airtable official marketplace ( but can not apply to hide field ) Prefilled Forms - Apps - Airtable Marketplace

Quentin_Zakoian

Needed indeed !! That would be a serious plus. I am going to have tu use typeform instead for now.

Dean_Arnold
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Please add… thanks… +1

Dende
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 from me too. Feature crucial especially since you have have multiple forms feeding into the same table. So there is no way to track in the table which form someone filled out. In my case, I have forms in different languages but the responses are numeric.

Melissa_Mcewen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1! Many of my clients would like to have this option.

Paola_Rojas

Agree much needed! What i do now is to have an automation updating a field once form is submitted but it is not perfect and certainly leaves room for errors at times

Noelle_Poulson

I just sent a request as well! A really needed feature! I work with non-profits/charities and they just can’t afford the costs of all of these add-ons and third party softwares to get solutions that work for them. Really hoping Airtable will get this added!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

JotForm has a free pricing tier, so I would recommend starting there to get this feature of prefilling hidden fields on a form:

Christina_Quinn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I use automations to work around this, but it’s not ideal - basically, I create an automation that triggers when the form is submitted, choose to update the record of the newly created record, then I add in the value(s) I want for the field(s) I want to have “prefilled” with a certain value. You can make this conditional too if there’s something in the form that would lead to having different pre-fill options. Using Oliver’s example: I’d have three unique versions of the same form, one for each channel - then I’d have the “Origin” field update once the form was submitted with the channel that aligns with that form. Link for Facebook form would populate Origin field to “Facebook”, Internal form would populate Origin field to “Internal”, etc.

Harrison_Grubma
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Good news-- this feature has been implemented as of March 2022!

Learn more here