Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Print PDF attachments via Mobile and Desktop

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cody_Vaught
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

One of our uses for Airtable is to host our work orders for our quality control department. We create a record with text, dates, links, and pdf attachments of our design schematics. It’s a waste of paper to print these off ahead of time because they get lost. So we want to be able to hand our team a few iPads and give them the ability to print only if it’s necessary.

To do this, we would need a print button to print the file via AirPrint from the file attachment without downloading it.

A print button right here next to the download button on desktop just for simplicity’s sake. (right now I have to download the file to my downloads, open in preview, then print. It works, but I desire more efficiency and I know its possible)

On iOS, I can’t find a print button after you press the share button. Does Airtable just not want us using paper?

1 Comment
Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

If you’re using the Airtable desktop app, you can print an attached PDF (assuming you’re viewing the PDF using the built-in viewer) by choosing File --> Print from the application menu. If you’re in the web browser version, there’s already a print icon in the PDF viewer.