Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Pulling in external data

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I would absolutely love to be able to add an external data source (RSS, XML, CSV) as a table type, and also be able to export an Airtable view to a XML feed. (You can kind of accomplish the latter using Ralewayโ€™s Airtable import plugin and then a Google Sheets to XML plugin, but it is a touch hacky)

Take a look at this Wordpress plugin which imports all entries in an RSS feed and lets you turn it in Custom Post Types: http://www.wpallimport.com

Imagine something like this for importing to an Airtable DB instead of a Wordpress DB - it could be really powerful.

I would imagine an external data source having to be its own table, where all imported columns would be read-only - though you should be able to add additional columns to do formulas etc on the imported data.

4 Comments
Daniel_Szewczyk
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Matt,
Could you elaborate a bit on what did you refer to with: โ€œRalewayโ€™s Airtable import pluginโ€?
Google Search did not show any meaningful results so I would appreciate your help!
Iโ€™m struggling to find a non-coding way to import data with attachments to AirTable.
Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Daniel

Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Sorry Daniel, autocorrect got me there. I meant Railsware not Raleway (I think the latter is a Google Font)

This is it: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/airtable-importer-by-rail/kngidnifbonbaembhpnjlpeefhmjpegb

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We built a tool that allows you to pull RSS feeds in Airtable. Maybe weโ€™ll support more data types in the future.

Automatically Import RSS Feed to Airtable

P.S. we also built one that allows you to export Airtable views as CSV.

Andy_Cloke
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

For anyone coming from Google, use the free Data Fetcher extension to automatically import RSS feed items.