Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Pulling in external data

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

I would absolutely love to be able to add an external data source (RSS, XML, CSV) as a table type, and also be able to export an Airtable view to a XML feed. (You can kind of accomplish the latter using Raleway’s Airtable import plugin and then a Google Sheets to XML plugin, but it is a touch hacky)

Take a look at this Wordpress plugin which imports all entries in an RSS feed and lets you turn it in Custom Post Types: http://www.wpallimport.com

Imagine something like this for importing to an Airtable DB instead of a Wordpress DB - it could be really powerful.

I would imagine an external data source having to be its own table, where all imported columns would be read-only - though you should be able to add additional columns to do formulas etc on the imported data.

4 Comments
Daniel_Szewczyk
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Matt,
Could you elaborate a bit on what did you refer to with: “Raleway’s Airtable import plugin”?
Google Search did not show any meaningful results so I would appreciate your help!
I’m struggling to find a non-coding way to import data with attachments to AirTable.
Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,
Daniel

Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Sorry Daniel, autocorrect got me there. I meant Railsware not Raleway (I think the latter is a Google Font)

This is it: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/airtable-importer-by-rail/kngidnifbonbaembhpnjlpeefhmjpegb

Moe
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

We built a tool that allows you to pull RSS feeds in Airtable. Maybe we’ll support more data types in the future.

Automatically Import RSS Feed to Airtable

P.S. we also built one that allows you to export Airtable views as CSV.

Andy_Cloke
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

For anyone coming from Google, use the free Data Fetcher extension to automatically import RSS feed items.