Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Redirect to URL in new form builder

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data_things
5 - Automation Enthusiast
What is the proposed idea/solution?

Increase the functionality of the new form builder so that when the form is submitted the user is redirected to another URL.

How does is solve the user problems?

We use this on our new website to redirect the user to a form submitted page so that we can track conversations in Google Analytics.

How was this validated?

Greater control over where a user is directed post form submission.

Who is the target audience?

Web dev's and website users.

5 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, I agree that this is the key missing feature from the brand new form builder!

In the meantime, the 2 solid workarounds for this are to use Airtableโ€™s original form view, or to use an external form app such as Fillout or JotForm:

1. Fillout is free, and it natively communicates with Airtable in real time, and gives tons of advanced features that are all Airtable-specific. I gave a brief demo of Fillout on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast.

2. JotForm is possibly the most feature-rich form software on the Internet, but it doesnโ€™t know how to communicate with Airtable, so you would send data from JotForm to Airtable using Makeโ€™s JotForm integrations.

Joseph_H
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@ScottWorld Thanks for sharing these workarounds while AirTable develops.

I hope AirTable makes the redirect available soon! As a nonprofit, it's hard to keep buying add-ons to make our solutions work; money is tight. We want to use redirect to send people to our esignature waiver after completing the form.

Jason_Jakarta
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Totally agree, I like and welcome the new forms but this is preventing me moving to them for some of my automations. 

sgrass

Agree, moving to the new form editor is problematic if it doesn't have all the functionality of the existing one

flyinsolo

Agree!