Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Regional Support (Time, Date, Currency formating)

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Patrick_Meier
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi everyone, the title basically sais it all :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

98 Comments
Patrick_Meier
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I may add, a Global Setting with:

Time Region
Currency Symbol
Time Format (24h)
Date Format

Whould already help, does not have to be automatically.

Andrew
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hey Patrick,

Thanks for posting!

Right now, you can use any symbol you want for a currency, but it’s per column not a global setting.
We’re working on time and date formats, that should be available in the next couple of weeks.

Sashman
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

It is indeed possible to use any currency symbol, but in some parts of the world it is customary to write it after the number, like 100500 €, not €100500.

Karl_Tang
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Airtable Team,

Can I translate the new guide into Chinese and post it on my website? Of course, I will include the link of the original page.

Zoelle_Egner

Hi Karl!

Go right ahead :slightly_smiling_face: Would love to see it once you’re done, if you wouldn’t mind sharing the link!

Thanks so much,

Zoelle

Ronald_Javet
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

In this matter, it would be very gentle from you guys to make able the calendar not to start on sundays… we look at calendars starting on mondays and its really confusing looking at it in other sequence. Hope you can make this option!

thanks.

rj

David_Wiese
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I agree with everyone in this thread. Lay persons (in the US) use Sunday, while accountants use Monday for start of week. US uses Mmm dd, YYYY while EU Uses dd-Mmm-YYYY, and millitary uses YYYY-MM-DD. US uses AM/PM while EU and millitary use 24HR. Crucial.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

These are all great, specific suggestions, and we love hearing them—the more we know about how you all would like to use time/date/currency fields, the more we can implement future changes to these fields in a thoughtful, considered way.

In the meantime, we do have the DATETIME_FORMAT and SET_TIMEZONE functions, both of which you can use to reformat dates. It’s not ideal, but it might be useful as a stopgap measure for some of you.

Parashar_Shah
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

In addition to date / time format and currency position discussed in this forum, I would suggest to incorporate

1. currency amount to be expressed in words. e.g. if the amount is $125.35, this function would express as “$ One Hundred Twenty Five and Thirty Five Cents only”. Such functionality is required in many business applications like writing cheques or printing invoices. It will be very useful in financial applications.

2. Basic date format are available but One more date format is suggested: dd/mmm/yyyy or mmm/dd/yyyy where mmm is first three letters of month e.g. Jul for July; Dec for December etc. This will provide uniformity in printing dates because dd/mm/yyyy or mm/dd/yyyy have different connotation depending on country.

thanks…

pmshah

tillprochaska

Hi there,

it’d be great if you could support different decimal marks in airtable. For example, in most European countries the decimal comma is commonly used for this purpose. While this is not a big deal when you’re working with a small team, it can lead to quite a few mistakes when collecting data, e. g. using a form view.

Best,
Till