Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Regional Support (Time, Date, Currency formating)

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Patrick_Meier
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi everyone, the title basically sais it all :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

98 Comments
AlyB
5 - Automation Enthusiast

@Katherine_Duh: Any progress on timezone support either globally, by user or by field? Weโ€™ll take anything! Airtable works great for my international team in so many ways, but having dates and times confused due to TZ issues is very unpleasant.

Al_Ei
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes please. Spanish.

Everyone here speaks English but, from an Internal Marketing and training standpoint, software captions and labels should be in the local language.

Tuur
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

I agree. I know people who canโ€™t use Airtable (for co-workers) in Germany because itโ€™s not localized.

Denys_Poulat
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 for the open-source language-settings file
the translation in French could increase the number of Airtableโ€™s users, definitely :winking_face:
(and we could help for sure)

Albrecht_Popken
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Itโ€™s a great tool and Iโ€™m happy to pay 24$ a month, but: Converting data from spreadsheets as a german user is a pain in the neck because Airtable ignores non-US Standards. I manually have to search and replace csv-data from 1.240,00 to 1,240.00. Also I have to convert standard (at least in Germany) Date formats from 03.04.2017 to something like 4-3-17 before I can use my data: Converting in Airtable will break everything. Thatโ€™s really annoying and shouldnโ€™t be a big problem to fix. Please, Airtable, I understand America comes first, but could Europe be second? Thanks!

Nancy_and_Les
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Second this, European markets (of which some have massive potential) get ignored / neglected way too often by many US based SaaS platforms :-1:

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

I also have the date issue when copying Australian dates into Airtable, even when the Date column is formatted to the correct region, Airtable still flips the day and month around breaking things.

I basically have to use Excel as a middle man to pre-process my copy/paste data.

Steven_Roh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1

French is missing for my users.

Totally agree

F_T
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Katherine_Duh Hi! Iโ€™m new here, so hope this post is not misplaced. Currencies are a problem as far I could test them (we Europeans write a thousand twenty euros and 30 cents 1.020,30โ‚ฌ or 1020,30โ‚ฌ). Isnโ€™t it possible to use the system settings for dates and currencies?

Elfur_Logadotti

are there any news on this item? Iโ€™m perplexed that Airtable is still so US centric that international date and number formats arenโ€™t available to us.