Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Regional Support (Time, Date, Currency formating)

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Patrick_Meier
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi everyone, the title basically sais it all :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

98 Comments
Max_G
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

We also need the decimals to be like this format 1.000,00 โ‚ฌ

This is so frustrating. We want to use airtable in our whole company, but we cannot use it for all the cases that deal with any kind of numbers because of the american decimal formatting.

Please fix that issue as fast as you can.

I think this formatting problem is a HUGE dealbreaker for european companys to use airtable permanently.

Tommy_Vitikka
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I need this too! Quite a deal breaker.

In Norway we write currency numbers like this: kr 1.000.00,00
or like this: kr 1 000 000,00
Having it like it is in Airtable now is horrible for us: kr 1,000,000.00

Dates like this: 31.12.2020
And we start the weekday on monday โ€“ of course.

Toni_Nolasco
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

After all this time it is absolutely ridiculous not to be able to format the currencies. For what we pay we deserve respect, we donโ€™t ask for the moon, but a very simple thing!
And again, we want to speak about mobile version? Ridiculous!

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the input and feedback around this! We wanted to share that this is something that our product team would like to address, but it likely wonโ€™t be on our roadmap for 2020.

When we do have an update around working with timezones and other regional formatting, weโ€™ll be sure to announce them on our Whatโ€™s New page.

In the meantime, Iโ€™d recommend using the SET_TIMEZONE and DATETIME_FORMAT functions to specify timezones for date fields in your base, and posting any questions over in Dates and timezones so the community can help out if needed.

Andrey_nedranet
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Russian PLEASE !
โ€ฆ

Jacob_Surland
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I agree - this is really problematic! Formatting currencies and decimal numbers to different thousands operator and decimal operator.

Gustavo_VD
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Howโ€™s this still not implemented? :man_shrugging:

marcos_pelozo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello Andrewโ€ฆ Ah these couple of weeks!
No sign of this feature? I like Airtable! But without this 1.000,00 possibility our and a lot of other companies cannot use Airtable.

Marjan_Venema
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is truly incredible. And yes, I do understand whatโ€™s involved โ€“ I was a software developer for 35 years.

Even if you donโ€™t offer different numbering formats on a per column basis, you could at the very least have implemented a base-wide setting for this.

In fact, I personally think it should have been one of the first usability issues you addressed.

That you canโ€™t or wonโ€™t deal with different ways of formatting numbers, means you just lost a paying customer/prospect. Iโ€™m not spending my money with a company that ignores such basic and fundamental usability โ€“ and for such a long time.

Kind regards, Marjan

Jan-willem_scho
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Jason any update on this?

Especially implementing a decimal comma decimal separator into Airtable is going to be a giant step for mankind, and for our company.