Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Rename what records are called

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jared_Wright
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator
What is the proposed idea/solution?

...Summary:

I want more control if you are going to have this feature let me add my own values and use it or not use it if I want to.

Rename what records are called for each level - To rename what each record in a List view is called (i.e. "Task" vs. "Record") use the customized terminology feature.

Reasons why I like it:

I like it because it is useful to see the context change for each record in each table based on what kind of record is contained in it.

How does is solve the user problems?

Reasons why I don't like it:

I don't like it because I don't have control over what I call records I don't want to pick from a pre-built list I want at least to add my own value and not be forced to use the list that I am given.

I use field names that really help me identify what table I am using and if I can't use the unique field name that I create then it makes it hard to know what field is being used.

What do I do if I have two tables where the records are called the same thing how can you tell them apart?