Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Search through Entire Base

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Desmond
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Currently, there is a way to search within a table, but no way to search through an entire base.

17 Comments
Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

You can search also with the Filters. I have several Tables that have a โ€œSearchโ€ View where I do searches (create filters) to get only the desired Records. I do this when I donโ€™t want other records on screen as in the Search feature mentioned by @Justin_Barrett.

Binvius_Dixon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Apologies for our lack of clarity.

What we all desperately need is a search facility that searches ones entire air table setup covering all tables in all bases. Even if it was just searching one filled type or one header it would allow us to find the data we need. Enter string into search box = all applicable records returned.

Although they are a different architecture, if youโ€™ve ever used Excel, Access, Evernote, Google Keep, etc. they all have the option to search everywhere.

Hope that makes sense

Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune
Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune
Gitanjali_Steve
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Multiple people are CRYING OUT for a Global search! Airtable devs, please pay attention!

Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hello @Gitanjali_Stevens and welcome to the community!

Yes, I think itโ€™s safe to say that comprehensive search and findability in Airtable is a key requirement and especially if any user (or team) has fully adopted Airtable and rely on it. I would suggest this has reached a point where multiple organizations are likely requesting global search because it is typically a key enterprise requirement.

Unfortunately, suggestions for more convenient findability going back 5 years has apparently not nudged this request enough to gain traction. But we must also realize that there are many [seemingly] simple requests that are equally dated.

Global search may seem like a simple challenge but, in a climate of complex sharing capabilities, this is hardly the case. Imagine a search engine that does not allow users to access records where โ€œlayoffโ€ is mentioned. Just the hint that a topic like this may be detected and however inaccessible it may be in search results would be considered a serious security breach.

Global search is indeed, very complicated. But at the same time, information findability in almost every database is considered to be one of the most important features.

Sonia1
1 - Visitor
1 - Visitor

Looks like this hasn't been resolved yet - I second the need.