Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Search through Entire Base

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Desmond
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Currently, there is a way to search within a table, but no way to search through an entire base.

16 Comments
Joel_Daniel_Har
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I second this, assuming it hasnโ€™t already been dealt with!

Bryce
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Would love this feature as our CRM base is extensive and searchability is key.

Jimmy_Glaser
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes this feature would be really great to have!

Paul_Clark1
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Shocked i can NOT search an entire base- whats up with that? Its a database. I canโ€™t believe users have to go to each view and search it for finding something in a base. Seems odd this isnโ€™t implemented, but Iโ€™m not on the dev team ; )

Just asking to prioritize this.
Thanks,
Paul Clark

Celenie_Singley
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hellloooooo - please implement this!

Hortense_Marcel
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Dear Airtable Team, it would be very much useful to be able to search in the entire database instead of looking at each base. Thank you very much !

Loic_Chapuis

Hi,
This feature has already been implemented in the new Search Block :

Like all other Airtable Blocks, it is only available with a Pro plan.
I hope this helps :slightly_smiling_face:

Umut_Cankurt

It is important to have between different soles, already in the same base. This feature should be added

Binvius_Dixon
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Utterly flabbergasted that we are approaching 7 years since inception and yet a simple search facility has still not been implemented when every other provider does.

It makes it incredibility difficult to bring on any of our sizeable client base when this is the first thing they ask for. It is such a simple snippet of code, it almost suggests that Airtable are not-for-profit!

Please can be have an update on where/when this will be on the roadmap as none of our clients want to use Blocks or any other workaround.

Respectfully.

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

What specific type of search are you seeking? I can search through a table with the Find in View feature (Command/CTRL + F in the desktop or web apps, or the magnifying glass icon in the upper-right corner of any table), and itโ€™s pretty snappy. Or are you seeking something else, perhaps a search that covers a whole database and not just the active table/view?