Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Select multiple linked records with "Ctrl" or "Cmd"

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
David_Von_Lehma
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When adding linked records to a column you can only select one at a time. This means you have to click “Link to a record” and re-enter the search term each time. Would love to be able to hold down “Ctrl” or “Cmd” and select multiple linked records at once. It would be a big time saver.

35 Comments
Langa_Kambi-Sha
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello I have a similar request, is there any update on this feature or a work around?

Kai_Muscher
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Oh, yes! That would be of so much help if it would be possible to link multiple records from another table in one step, without leaving and re-expand the cell. We use the “link to…” field to like a load list for a container. At the moment it’s a pain to expand the cell, select one item from another record, and redo same procedure maybe 50 times. A filter like “any of…” would be great, too. This way we could select all linked records for a specific customer of item name.

AND EVEN MORE IMPORTANT for us: the search for the linked record must not be limited to only the primary field. Please think about extending the search for linked records!

Thanks a million!

Kai

arne_nori

yes, selecting multiple items in the link popup would be amazing. and also the ability to search in a different field than the primary as well

Nathan_Beckstea
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

For the LOVE of all that is holy. PLEASE!!!

Calvin_Lo

yes please… add a select/deselect all as well while you guys are at it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ammon_Martin

+1! Little things like this make all the difference for efficiency and usability

Russell_Kallman

Totally required. I was just experimenting with this myself.

Steve_Hisey
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agree that this would make the product much more usable.

Jeffrey_Roach
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I was about to post this, but I see several people got there first. I have a 'Visits" table that links to a members table. For each new entry I record the date/time and then select the members who visited. It’s typically a family, so that means typing the same search in multiple times until I record them all. Checkboxes next to potential linked records would be hugely helpful. Then I could add them all at once!

Christopher_Kap
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Also yes! This would be really, really handy.