Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

SendGrid block HTML formatting

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mikhail_A_Rogoz
5 - Automation Enthusiast

SendGrid block is a great feature which we unfortunately cannot use as it is now.

It has been mentioned here several times (without response from developers) that formatting is crucial for any emails that are intended for customers. It is OK to have plaintext notifications for ourselves, but if we communicate with a client it produces very poor impression and we have to use other tools to send emails.

In our case we just send confirmation of entries to our students with short instructions how to find us and what documents to prepare. Of course, ideally it would be nice to be able to attach images and documents, but even simple HTML or markdown will be enough for start to highlight important information with bold/colored font and make links to files readable. At the moment it looks like a mess of text and long links to google drive. I’ve tried to use HTML formatting in the email body, but of course it failed.

We’ve created a view that filters relevant entries based on student’s status and we are just 2 clicks away from sending confirmations via SendGrid. But without reasonable formatting we now have to copy-paste the email addresses into another mail service window.

Can Airtabe team tell us if we can expect at least basic formatting in SendGrid block in the observable future?

Many thanks!

12 Comments
Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi @Mikhail_A_Rogozin,

The SendGrid block now supports HTML! Just check the “Send as HTML” toggle when drafting your message.

HTML-sendgrid

Mikhail_A_Rogoz

@Jason, that is great!

I’ve just tested it with our html template and it works exactly as desired. Now we can proceed with integrating Airtable into our workflow.

Thank you, Airtable team!

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Great to hear that @Mikhail_A_Rogozin!

Jgray

If you generate HTML in a formula field and then try to use that field in SendGrid block it doesn’t seem to interpret the HTML markup and displays the text. Is that expected behaviour?

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I only tried the SendGrid block once (quite a while ago), but that’s consistent with what I recall from that brief test.

Jgray

Looks like that. I pulled into integromat and the html is rendering correctly. It seems " and other values are being converted somewhere along the line and SendGrid block doesn’t like this.

Too bad, being able to create dynamic a href html links by record would be helpful.

Erwan_Pannier

did you find a workaround in your case ?

Jgray

No. Been working okay. Hoping to address in the coming months with something easier and will post here.

Ewan_Farry

Also interested to know if you found a workaround?

Ewan_Farry

Hi Mikhail,

Encouraged to here you have this working as you want it to.

Out of interest, are you copying and pasting html each time? Or are you pulling in the html from another cell?

Any info on how you are applying this would be much appreciated.d

Ewan