Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Show an interface without airtable account.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sara
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer
What is the proposed idea/solution?

I would like to share an interface with a person that hasn't an Airtable account.

How does is solve the user problems?

In this way people without an account could see only that interface (not the base) through a link. 

Who is the target audience?

All people that work with external customers.

A lot of people commented about this idea here:

https://community.airtable.com/t5/interface-designer/how-show-an-interface-without-airtable-account/...

44 Comments
annikahubert
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I need this. 

I would love a free read-only role or commenter role (at a significantly reduced cost - e.g. $1). 

I could do so much more in my organisation to push AT into other areas (which would increase paid seats) but I struggle to show value in some areas because I cannot grant free read-only access to the pretty interfaces to the mgt team. 

Anne_Gonzalez

@annikahubert I believe you actually can grant free read-only access to interfaces - the user just has to have an AT account, which is a sticking point for many of us here. But in your case, it sounds like they have what you need.

See the chart on this page: https://support.airtable.com/docs/interface-designer-permissions

jenca
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@IanCreativeOps Ditto. I am in exactly the same situation with the same use case. 

brianduff
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is probably the single feature that would make me want to actually pay for the non-free version of airtable. I was quite surprised it's not supported.

I suspect the hesitation to support this feature is because airtable doesn't want to become a hosting service for random content that's publicly visible on the internet?