Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

Side by Side Bar Charts

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
benburne
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

For displaying trended data side-by-side, it would be great to have support for side-by-side bar charts!

sidebyside_bar_chart_example.png

2 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, I totally agree 100% with this feature request! I’ve actually had 2 Airtable consulting clients in the last month who have needed this feature!

In the meantime, until Airtable adds this feature, you can get this feature by using external apps:

1. One way is to use Noloco’s advanced interfaces for Airtable… they offer bar charts with multiple series.

2. Another way is to use Make’s advanced automations & integrations for Airtable to automatically generate your bar charts by sending your Airtable data from Airtable to any app that supports bar charts with multiple series.

For example, you could automatically send your Airtable data to any of these apps: Google Sheets, Microsoft Excel, Databox, Tableau, Vega Lite, Nocodechart, QuickChart, Looker Studio, Knack, Flourish, Image-Charts, etc.

And then, after automatically generating the cart, you could (1) automatically embed that chart into an attachment field in Airtable, or you could (2) automatically add the direct links to the charts in URL fields in Airtable.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

khoner01
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I 100% agree since the default is a stacked bar chart.

I've gotten around this by creating a third column that combines the data of two different fields and labeling it "for bar charts only" to show the YoY comparison of revenue per month.

Not ideal but it works for my use case because I only need to compare two different points.
Here's how I hacked it:
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 12.39.41 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 12.35.42 PM.png