Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Ability to Design a Page for Printing

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Patrick_Meier
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Im not sure where Airtable is headed. But id be happy to print a customer a nice Paper with all the Products he ordered. I guess id like to make different form views like in Filemaker.

73 Comments
Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Just a place I could write some HTML with Bootstrap enabled would work wonders for me.

David_Schaub-Jo
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@matt_sayward > thank you for the great tips. Just wondering (and sorry if I am barking in the wrong forest here) but would this be of any use to you &/or the other posters here. Webmerge also prohibitively expensive for us, but wondering whether this tool could not do a job for much less?

https://zapier.com/zapbook/airtable/cloudconvert/

Cheers, David

Bruce_Elliot
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I too have been very frustrated by Airtableโ€™s inability to print a single record so I came up with a kind of clunky solution which is better than nothing, itโ€™s free and doesnโ€™t involve Zapier or 3rd party solutions. If you right mouse click on any record thereโ€™s an option to SEND that record to an email. You can send it with a comment added and choose the data to be tabular or vertical. Once I get it in the email, itโ€™s super easy to do anything with that, add to it, replace the Airtable with my own, email it to the customer, print a copy, make a PDF etc. etc. What I donโ€™t get is if thereโ€™s this facility to send this formatted data to an email, how much more difficult would it be to send the same output to a printer or a file, straight from Airtable without ping-ponging it over to an email. I will live with this half baked solution until Airtable comes up with something better. Hope that helps at least a few of you.

Damon_Talbot
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I think the easiest solution would be create a โ€œPrintโ€ view that is similar in function to the โ€œFormsโ€ views. Pick and choose what to show and hide. Currently, I can use it to print data as the is PII and โ€˜functionalโ€™ fields that would not need be included.

Ryan_Lavalley
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

This feature would be very helpful in printing custom forms with client info and history on them for team meetings.

Ruth_Merenda
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This would be HUGE for us as well. We need a customizable page (where we could add our nice company logo, header, footer, etc) And then we could put in formatted template text with specific imported data from the record. As in: Dear , We are looking forward to working with on . Or whatnot. This is the single most frustrating absence in Airtable. I have used Zapier/Webmerge but itโ€™s a pain in the butt. Please let me know the minute this feature comes to fruition. We will throw a party and post crazy happy photos on social media. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ruth_Merenda
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It would not be helpful to just have a print view where you see all of the data. It really must be a customizable, nice looking PDF which we can lay out.

BenInDallas
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

+1 on this. Itโ€™s critical for my business to be able to print decent-looking reports from our data. We can set up a View called โ€œPrinted Reportโ€, but without the ability to control basic styling (or even page breaks), itโ€™s not very useful.

Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Hi folks! Weโ€™re currently beta testing a way to design custom print layouts. You can sign up here. (Please note that paid users will get priority access for this round of beta features.)

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

:raised_hands: :raised_hands: :raised_hands: