Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Add Conditional Logic to Form Views

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sean_O_Shea
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Being able to hide/show fields in the form view based on the values of fields higher up in the form could be extremely valuable.

For instance, if using Airtable to keep track of leads, one might have a Single Select field with the following options:

Relationship

• No Relationship
  • Met at a conference
  • Contacted through website

If “Met at a conference” is selected, it would be valuable to collect information about that conference in a conference field, but it wouldn’t make sense to capture that info for any of the other options in the relationship field.

98 Comments
Dean_Toland
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I think this is a great idea, I can see a lot of uses for something like this. it would help to minimize the number of fields visible on a form to only those that are relevant to the person filling it out instead of having to input guidance instructions like "only fill this out if you answered ‘yes’ to question 4 above.

Wardiam_Wardiam
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m very interesting in this option. I need it in my forms. :relaxed:

Madeline_Benson
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I would use this in my forms as well!

Teodoro_Guzman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes this would be extremely useful.
Please also consider a feature for adding categories to single or multiple select fields directly from the form.
For example, one might be adding records of interactions with customers, and some employee might meet with a new customer, not currently on the list.
Having the add feature would allow the data to be organized, yet the form flexible to meet the organization´s needs.

Derek_Clark
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Much needed feature! I hate having to use JotForm to collect form submissions to my Airtable Bases.

Fingers crossed this comes sooner than later…

Trevor_Madge
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I too would like to see this feature.

In my first use case I have a similar but different issue.

I have a form in which the user selects a value from a column that links to another table. I want to filter the choices that display based on the value of a different column in the linked table i.e. if the record has a status of ‘Open’ it will surface on the form, if the record has a status of ‘Closed’ it will not.

Chais_Meyer
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1 - Love this idea!

We have a super advanced conditional logic form via a third party provider and if our data was able to go to airtable straight away, we’d use your forms so much more…helping us get ever more dependent on your product. :winking_face:

Stephen_Griffin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Agree. This is huge. AirTable is a non-starter as an alternative to other systems I’ve implemented until features such as this (and field validation) are available.

GSSJC_Backpacki

This would be an awesome addition and allow AirTable to get a solid leg up over Google Forms.

Ryan_Lavalley

This would be very helpful for the projects I am looking to use airtable for because many people will be filling out forms.