Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Automatic sorting in views

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Great news! We’ve just enabled this feature for everyone. Check out Mikayla’s post below for more info.

133 Comments
entropic
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

I’ma +1 on this! Would go a long way to reduce confusing and extra clicking.

chris_cuellar
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1 on this or at the very least an option to view newest records on top. Thanks!

David_Brandman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Any progress or response on this? Pretty fundamental need and something you would intuitively expect as an option when creating a view. Really could lead to misleading decisions when evaluating data and not remembering to always hit sort after setting a filter, or after adding records.

Charlotte_Casti
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes would like to see this feature as well.

Daniel_Saunders

+1 for me to. I think if you have a sort applied to a view, that it’s not persistent, or at least updated every time you look at the view, it’s confusing to the user. I can understand the sort not being applied when you first enter a new record, as then the record you’ve just entered down the bottom would instantly jump to a unexpected position in the table. But the current design means I don’t trust the sorting.

Andre_Zijlstra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

@Katherine_Duh
I really hope the auto sorting feature will be implemented soon.

I created various views (for different groups of users), and every time a record that incidentely was skipped is entered, every single view needs to be updated. It’s pretty awkward.

Inserting the new record on the right spot would be smart, but it just doesn’t work like that all the time.

Patrick_Menard

I would find this very useful as well. If the existing functionality is desired perhaps it could be a checkbox on the sort dialog labelled “auto-sort” or something similar. That way when you create the sort you’d have the option to pick whether you wanted it to be one-time, or ongoing as each record is added.

The way it is currently implemented it is a one-time sort, but with a history of what your previous sort was.

Julien_Clement

+1 to this feature. I understand the tricky UI this poses due to needing to “warn” a user of the potential changing position, but I think this would be a valuable piece of automation.

Chris_Pearson

Katherine, can you give us an update on auto-sorting of records?

Chris_Pearson

Howie, can you give us an update on auto-sorting of records?