Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

PRODUCT rollup aggregation function

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason_Cornwall
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I’d like to be able to take the product (i.e. multiply all numbers together) of all associated values in a Rollup field. I need this because I’m trying to aggregate a bunch of independent probabilities together.

Is there some way to do this already that I’m missing?

2 Comments
Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

There is not currently a way to do this – at least not easily.

It may be possible to use the ARRAYJOIN() rollup function, and then use some sort of string parsing formula in another field, or multiple other fields, to isolate each value, and then finally, in another field, multiply those values together. But this is definitely a frustratingly complex hack, when a simple PROD() function from Airtable would do the trick.

I’m going to add this to the list of New Formula Field Functions I have aggregated in another #feature-requests, and I will add a link to your post for reference as well.

EDIT:
Hmm… well, maybe not. I just discovered that discourse (the software powering this forum) has a default time limit of 2 months on a user’s ability to edit a post.

@Katherine_Duh
Could we, perhaps, either (1) have that time limit removed (set the value to 0), or, if that is undesirable, could you manually convert my post linked above to a Wiki with your super admin powers? I am not able to covert it to a Wiki as a regular user either, as that constitutes editing a post, and is also disallowed after the 2 month time limit.

If you take a look at the post, I’m sure you’ll see my intention with it was to try and consolidate #feature-requests dealing with formula functions, and be able to keep it up to date with newly requested functions, along with links out to posts where those requests were made. I think it would serve as a good, central place for keeping track of those kinds of requests. If the post were a Wiki (which I wish, in hindsight, I had made it), I believe it would remain open for editing beyond the 2 month limit, and would allow other users to contribute to it as well.

Thanks for considering!

Ariel_Sigler
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

HI Jeremy
After 2 years do we have an option to multiply the items within an array record ?