Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Automatic sorting in views

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Great news! We’ve just enabled this feature for everyone. Check out Mikayla’s post below for more info.

133 Comments
Evan_Farrar
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

plus one for this junk

Martin_Kopischk
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

+1 for us, too. We have a number of views where sort order is mission critical (by checkout date for equipment, for instance), shared among many less Airtable savvy users, so autosorting would make a world of difference.

Andres_Gomez
5 - Automation Enthusiast

+1 to this feature too. I can’t read the whole thread but… would it make sense to allow auto-sort just to filtered views with a max number of records?

Or maybe a workaround using Zapier and/or the API? (I’m still quite an ignorant in this field)

Randolph_Nesse
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes indeed! I went looking for this feature and was glad to see many others also see the benefits of keep a table sorted as new data are added.

Tim_Bourguignon
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi @Matt_Bush,

is there an update on the auto-sorting of views since last year? I’m having a hard time doing consistent Zapier workflows without it…

See for more information: How to "pick the next row" and go back to the top if needed? (Airtable - Zapier integration)

Thanks!

Avigant_Avigant

My use case for this feature is sorting by priority and then by estimated difficulty in Kanban view. The sort feature is really nice to have, but I don’t want to have to apply the sort every single time I move or create a card manually. Support this!

Nick_Bergthold

Any update on this feature coming soon? We have a dozen different views that sort projects by release date (most recent releases at top). When new records are being added, or release date changes, those are being lost in the views. Currently we are tasking team members to manually sort each view daily, it’s very time consuming.

Any update or known workaround?

Bay_Area_PL_Ser
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello, is the function of for auto-sorting available yet?

Thanks

Nickm

Hi,

Any updates yet?

Andrew_Enright
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

PLEASE, PLEASE add auto-sorting. And not just upon open, but ideally scheduled, and at least once an hour. We use specific views to update our status board (Geckoboard) and are currently CONSTANTLY resorting by hand.