Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Automatic sorting in views

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_Duh
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Great news! We’ve just enabled this feature for everyone. Check out Mikayla’s post below for more info.

133 Comments
Matt_Sayward
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

This solution to this is so simple. I can’t believe the OP is almost 3 years old.

Checkbox in the Sort options, ‘refresh sort on page load’, job done.

Steve_Singleton
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

download

Enrico_Ros
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Haha! Best post in the thread. How can they say no to the kitteh

Zoe_Williams
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is this feature on the roadmap?? It would be so, so helpful – and is there even a tricky UI situation when it comes to notifying the user of the changing position that still needs to be defined? Why can’t you use the same (or similar) design you use in a filtered view when the user changes the value of a field to something that is filtered out?

For example, I’ve got a view that shows only outstanding tasks (i.e the view filters out anything with a status of “Completed”). When I mark something as “Completed,” Airtable highlights the row, moves it slightly, and includes text to let me know that the row has been removed from the view. I imagine something like this would work to denote which cells have shifted around.

Joshua_Abraham
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

+1, i need or need manually update all views.
will lost somewhere.

Brian_Hirsh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 Really useful. Excited to get this feature in there.

Brian_Hirsh
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1, also +1ed another similar thread.

jinpa
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

+1 We need autosort too

Andre_Zijlstra
9 - Sun
9 - Sun

Autosorting is already possible in Airtable, I saw today. When you use a group, any changes are automatically sorted!
So, Airtable, if you already can do it, just take the last steps, and make us happy ASAP!!

Adam_Grimm
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Yes, please!! Autosorting is critical for an efficient workflow and tracking for a lot of users.