Help

This Product Ideas board is currently undergoing updates, but please continue to submit your ideas.

[SOLVED] Form : Prefill linked record field

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
surula
5 - Automation Enthusiast

When could we prefill linked record field in a form view?

It could be really helpful to be able to prefill also linked record field with RECORD_ID() value for instance.

7 Comments
Evan_Rusackas
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

This is a potential dealbreaker for me. I have a list of applicants, and I need a form for each one, where a team of people to vote on the applicant. I need to be able to pre-select the candidate when I send the form to the team to vote on.

Julian_Kirkness
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

There are ways around this issue - but you need to use Zapier or Integromat to helpโ€ฆ

Send out the form with a pre-filled name or email address (the latter would be better as it should be unique) then use a Zap triggered by the new record the form creates to find the main record for the person and link the record up. Iโ€™ve done similar things loads of times in projects for clients.

It would, of course, be better if we didnโ€™t have this restriction!!

Hope this helps.

Matt_Bush
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Update from the Airtable team: we now support pre-filling linked record fields! It works the same as other field types: just include the name of the record youโ€™d like to link to as a query parameter, formatted with + instead of spaces. Prefill away!

HammerOz
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

This is a top little feature!

davide_trovati
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

please explain me with an example
TNKS
davide

Thomas_GOIRAND

@Matt_Bush your answer seems wrong, you pointed out a way to avoid a bug with spaces in fields names. Here, we are looking for a way to prefill links choices. Do you have any hint?

Best,

Status changed to: Launched
MaddieJ
Community Manager
Community Manager